With the latest announcement from the Government of Alberta in regards to Phase 2, we have updated some of our policies and procedures to adhere to these requirements. The Club House will be open with additional restrictions to align with mandatory public health measures. Outdoor amenities such as the tobogganing hill, playground, and fire pits continue to be open
The health and safety of our residents and staff is our main priority, and we will continue to follow all guidance from Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health. We will continue to adjust these policies as new information and guidance becomes available. Remaining diligent with physical distancing requirements, staying home while ill, and practicing good hygiene is critical, along with following and respecting the regulations ORA has put in place at this time. These regulations are included below and are posted outdoors around the Club House.
Hours of Operation
- Club House and Park hours are 9:00am-9:00pm Monday-Sunday
Access & Capacity
- There will be limits on entrance capacity and we will stop admitting residents when we reach this capacity. All entry will be first come-first serve. Our staff also reserve the right to stop checking people in at any time distancing restrictions start to become a challenge. To inquire about the current entry status, you can call the Club House at 587-525-9640.
- As per bylaw 19408 it is mandatory for masks to be worn for all indoors public places and therefore inside the Club House.
- Members will continue to be permitted to bring 4 guests per household. All guests will need to sign in. Please note this policy is subject to change without notice.
- Members between the ages of 12 to 18 years are able to bring 2 guests per household when unattended by an adult.
- Residents must adhere to a pre-screening using AHS’s Self-Assessment Tool before coming to the park. In addition, everyone entering the park will be asked a series of screening questions before entrance is permitted
- Users are required to maintain 2m of physical distancing
Rentals & Programming
- Wedding ceremonies of up to 10 people are permitted
- Funeral services up to 20 people are permitted
- All other room rental bookings/gatherings are not permitted in Phase 2
- Programming will be offered for all ages with guidance from AHS recommendations.
- Online programming and activities will continue to be offered
- Please check our website for the latest on programming and events
Skating Rinks and Outdoor Amenities
- Due to warm weather the skating rinks are closed for the season
- The toboggan hill and playground remain open, with users required to maintain 2m of physical distance.
- All washrooms are available for use, with 1 family per washroom capacity
- Entrance to the basement washrooms will be through the exterior west door. Exiting the washrooms will be through the skate change room doors. Each washroom is equipped with its own sink and soap for handwashing
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the building and outdoors
- We will have increased cleaning schedules to frequently sanitize all high touch surfaces
We greatly appreciate your understanding and support during this time. Let us all continue to work together to keep the residents of The Orchards safe! If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or 587-525-9640.