Winter Parks Maintenance Staff
We are looking for a new team member who enjoys all the fun parts of Winter! This is a part time seasonal position for the winter season. The Park Maintenance Staff will be responsible for the daily operations of the Orchards Residents Association (ORA) facilities, grounds, and amenities, and other areas under the umbrella of the ORA. This is a career for someone who enjoys parks and recreation! The changing seasons help keep the job fresh and interesting. If you enjoy a fun atmosphere, creative tasks, and collaborating ideas then this job is for you.
The ORA is a not-for-profit corporation whose purpose is to manage, maintain, and operate the ORA amenities. The ORA owns, operates, and maintains a 5-acre park that features a splash park, picnic area, pleasure skating rink, hockey rink, skate change area, and maintenance shop/ office. This park is exclusively for the residents of the Orchards community and is open since November 2017. The facility is 12,000 square foot recreational facility that will include flex rooms, skate change room, kitchen and offices.
The Park Maintenance Staff report to the Maintenance Foreman for the ORA.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Park Maintenance Staff will be responsible for the following:
• Providing exceptional customer service
• Complete Administrative tasks as directed
• Maintaining accurate, detailed logs & Reports
• Ensuring all Workplace Health and Safety requirements are met
• Ensuring safe work conditions exist at all times
Operations and Maintenance Functions:
• Installing, operating, and maintaining amenities, including outdoor recreational ice surfaces
• Maintaining exceptional landscape maintenance
• Snow removal throughout the park and the community
• General maintenance of all ORA Property including emptying garbage cans
• Enforcing rules and regulations of the park and amenities
• Providing customer driven, service oriented, clean, safe, and well maintained park
• Ensure park, play structures and all other equipment are always clean and in good repair
• Routine scheduled equipment maintenance
• Report/ repair damaged or vandalized property
• Ensure that the buildings and park are secured at closing (i.e. all doors/windows locked and security system armed)
Employees are expected to perform these duties with minimal supervision
Hours of Employment
• Hours of business are Sunday to Saturday , 9AM-9PM. These times are subject to change depending on the needs of the facility. Shifts would be mainly weekends and weekday evenings.
The description does not include Special Events or any unforeseen circumstances that may require extra attention and additional hours.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
• Have own transportation. Clean Driving History
• Provide criminal record check
• Ability to build and maintain good relationships with members
• Capable of enforcing company policy and regulations
• Strong work ethics
• Must be customer focused
• Previous experience will be an asset but is not necessary
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package. This is an exciting opportunity to be instrumental in the operations of new, unique, and exclusive parks and facilities with exceptional amenities. If you meet or exceed the qualification requirements, please forward your cover letter and resume (including salary expectations) to:
Orchards Residents Association
4059 Orchards Drive SW
Application Deadline: November 1, 2021