July 3, 2020
Guest Policy Update
We are excited to announce that, following guidance provided by Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, and in alignment with the City of Edmonton, we will be opening the playground and certain outdoor amenities. Though we are excited to see you back at the park, we will be re-opening in a limited capacity under specific regulations in alignment with Alberta Health Services.
Our goal in taking this initial step is to create a safe environment for everyone, and by doing so, be able to remain open through the summer. In order to do this, as a community, we need to remember that, not only are we all in this together, but you are in this with your neighbors! Remaining diligent with physical distancing requirements and keeping 2 meters from others is critical, along with following and respecting the regulations ORA has put in place at this time. These regulations can be found below and will be posted outdoors around the Clubhouse.
Hours of Operation
- Park hours will be 9:00am- 9:00pm Monday-Sunday.
Access & Capacity
- There will be limits on entrance capacity and we will stop admitting residents when we reach this capacity. All entry will be first come-first serve. Our staff also reserve the right to stop checking in people at any time they view distancing restrictions start to become a challenge. To inquire about the current entry status, you can call the Clubhouse at 587-525-9640.
- Members will be permitted 3 guests per household. (Starting July 6, 2020)
- The age of entry without supervision will temporarily increase from 12 years old, to 16 years old, because of the seriousness of this public health event and the caution we are taking during this initial phase.
- Staff will ask anyone to leave failing to follow public health orders. Extended loss of entry privileges may also result. Let’s all respect one-another and enjoy the RA this summer.
- There will be physical distancing lines marked 2-meters apart for the check-in lineup, and scanning of cards will be done with a 2-meter distance between staff and residents. Residents must complete a pre-screening using AHS’s Self-Assessment Tool before coming to the park. In addition, everyone entering the park will be asked a series of screening questions before entrance is permitted.
- As previously mentioned, our aim is to create a safe environment for everyone and remain open through the summer. Because of this, we will have staff observing and providing physical distancing reminders as needed.
Closed Amenities & Programming
- At this time, the Club House will not be available to room bookings. More information is to come on when room bookings will be available.
- Rentals of outdoor equipment will not be available because of government restrictions on shared use equipment. However, residents are allowed to bring in their own recreational equipment for personal use.
- Singles activities in tennis or pickle ball courts require users to maintain 2 meters of physical distance.
- Tennis or pickle ball doubles are allowed, provided it is with members of the same household or family cohort.
- Equipment should only be shared by members of the same household or their family cohort.
- Games on basketball courts will only be permitted if they are with members of the same household or family cohort. These spaces are also open for casual use, for example, shooting a ball.
- Water play spray devices (e.g. water guns) are prohibited.
- BBQs are prohibited.
- We will have two individual washrooms open in the basement of the Clubhouse. Entrance to the washrooms will be through the exterior Plum room doors. Exiting the washrooms will be through the Cherry room doors. Each washroom is equipped with its own sink and soap for handwashing.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located near the check-in gate and near the playground. Anyone using the playground or splash park must sanitize their hands before and after using the amenities.
- We will have an increased cleaning schedule to frequently sanitize all high touch surfaces.
- Residents should limit food and drink brought into the park. Food and drinks cannot be shared among people other than those living in the same household.
- Please place all garbage in the garbage bins around the park.
The health and safety of our residents and employees continues to be our main priority, and we will continue to follow all guidance from Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health. We will continue to adjust these policies as new information and guidance becomes available, and provide updates as we do so. These changes may happen quickly and at any time; we greatly appreciate your understanding and support during this time.
Let us all continue to work together to keep the residents of The Orchards safe! If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org 587-525-9640.